About the job
As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, the AWS Cloud Engineer will be charged with designing, building and migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform, ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud. This person will evangelize and educate customers on the value proposition of AWS as well and aid in creating world-class solutions built on AWS.
- Help lead the transformation to modern Cloud Architectures at Head Digital by leveraging the latest cutting-edge technologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, IAC, cloud native, high availability)
- Demonstrate good knowledge of DevOps tooling and processes
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for IT cloud end-to-end architecture, including AWS, provisioning, and automation
- Develop a library of deployable and documented cloud design patterns, based on the IT application portfolio, as a basis for deploying services to the cloud
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Develop solutions architecture and evaluate architectural alternatives for private, public and hybrid cloud models, including IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud services
- Define optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications
- Drive AWS adoption and assist in migrating On Premise workloads by bringing the latest SRE practices to Pitney Bowes across multiple teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Strong hands-on experience with building multi-region, highly available application architecture in AWS
- Experience in building & migrating monolith applications to Kubernetes (Open-Shift preferred)
- Must have excellent hands-on experience with automation using Ansible, Python, and Terraform
- Experience in developing and monitoring solutions using AWS services (EC2 ELB, RDS, Route53 S3 Data pipelines, CloudFormation), networking and access control.
- Excellent troubleshooting, follow-through and problem-solving skills, attention to detail.
- Be comfortable with all aspects of Cloud design including architecture documentation, presenting to multiple levels of management.
- Experience with advanced AWS hybrid networking Specifically hybrid transit gateway implementations
- Hands-on keyboard’ AWS implementation experience across a broad range of AWS services.
- Hands-on AWS experience with at least 1 implementation (preferred in an Enterprise scale environment)
- Experience with core AWS platform architecture, including areas such as: Organizations, Account Design, VPC, Subnet, segmentation strategies.
- AWS Cost Management and Optimization
- CloudFormation and third-party automation approach/strategy
- Network connectivity, Direct Connect and VPN
- Experienced in developing Web Services with Python, JSON
- Skilled experience in Python libraries (NumPy, Pandas dataframe)
- Public cloud automaton tooling and scripting experience – CFn, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins.
- Familiar with Encryption, Logging, and Privacy/Security Protocols (e. g. TLS 1.2 ELK stack)
- Good knowledge of REST/SOAP/JSON web service API implementation.
- Experienced in developing test plan, test cases, baselines, and conducting end-to-end testing.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- AWS Associate Solution Architect Certified, AWS
Desired Skills and Experience
AWS,Ansible,CI – CD,Jenkins,Kubernetes,Puppet